Forums > Off-topic > Does GaI use a 3D engine?
Auios
Newborn
Joined 4876 days ago
Last seen 2153 days ago
Does GaI use a 3D engine?
Posted 4076 days ago
Does GaI use a 3D engine? I am tired of building my own simple 3D graphics by hand without using anything other than FreeBasic.

Jatte, you have inspired me as a programmer. When I first joined this community I had very little programming experience and knowledge. The best I could do was do simple functions in torque script. I am leaning into 2D graphics in FreeBasic at this moment. I started a programming club in my high school based in FreeBasic.

Anyways I want to expand my tools and if you have any tips or resources besides the FreeBasic community forums that'd be great.

Also not sure if this should be in off topic or general.
Jattenalle
Developer
Joined 6109 days ago
Last seen 8 hours ago
Re. Does GaI use a 3D engine?
Posted 4076 days ago
Auios
Does GaI use a 3D engine? I am tired of building my own simple 3D graphics by hand without using anything other than FreeBasic.
Gods and Idols uses OpenGL for graphics, but no ''engine'', it is built completely from the ground up.

Auios
Jatte, you have inspired me as a programmer. When I first joined this community I had very little programming experience and knowledge. The best I could do was do simple functions in torque script. I am leaning into 2D graphics in FreeBasic at this moment. I started a programming club in my high school based in FreeBasic.

Anyways I want to expand my tools and if you have any tips or resources besides the FreeBasic community forums that'd be great.

Also not sure if this should be in off topic or general.
Awesome, programming is amazing. You should try looking at C/C++ examples and tutorials and convert them to FreeBASIC, it's fairly straight forward. Or you could just pick up C/C++ and learn that :)
For some excellent tutorials on OpenGL you can check http://ogldev.atspace.co.uk/

If you want to stick with 2D then the built-in graphics commands of FreeBASIC work just fine!

Good luck!
Auios
Newborn
Joined 4876 days ago
Last seen 2153 days ago
Re. Does GaI use a 3D engine?
Posted 4075 days ago
Actually. I was hand making 3d and 2d engines in FreeBasic. I was aware that my stuff is elementary and very simple. I want to just expand into the areas of graphical practices.

Also I don't know if I should call my stuff engines. But I stuck to my simple AdatGfx.bi file that I created for 2D stuff.

Thank you for the links
Forums > Off-topic > Does GaI use a 3D engine?
Steam Early-access
Gods and Idols
Gods and Idols is copyright © Johannes Pihl 2007-2023, all rights reserved;
Shadowbox.js is © Michael J. I. Jackson;
All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.