Forums > General discussion > Current Balance Opinion
Uncle PaiPai
Newborn
Joined 4975 days ago
Last seen 2266 days ago
Current Balance Opinion
Posted 3511 days ago
Here are my opinions about the state of balance of patch 2.1.20053

Biggest issue: No population growth means that the player is stuck at 10% efficiency most of the time. This makes starting out slow and the natural resource generation high compared to artificial generation and use.

Another issue is mines. The max slots of 16 will make mines the limiting factor in production. Making a brick slot operate at full capacity takes 12 mining slots (3 clay, 9 stone). Farms are spared from this because of natural generation and being only needed for food and planks currently. However, they may also fall into this once population can grow.

Also, tubing is required for silos but can't be made currently.

Overall, I see most of the problems are caused by things not added yet rather than balance issues.
Jattenalle
Developer
Joined 6087 days ago
Last seen 3 days ago
Re. Current Balance Opinion
Posted 3510 days ago
Uncle PaiPai
Here are my opinions about the state of balance of patch 2.1.20053

Biggest issue: No population growth means that the player is stuck at 10% efficiency most of the time. This makes starting out slow and the natural resource generation high compared to artificial generation and use.

Another issue is mines. The max slots of 16 will make mines the limiting factor in production. Making a brick slot operate at full capacity takes 12 mining slots (3 clay, 9 stone). Farms are spared from this because of natural generation and being only needed for food and planks currently. However, they may also fall into this once population can grow.

Also, tubing is required for silos but can't be made currently.

Overall, I see most of the problems are caused by things not added yet rather than balance issues.
Thank you for your feedback! It is much appreciated!

Population growth will be unlocked in the next patch, though the speed of it and how much food is consumed will need balancing.

Max slots issue will also receive a much needed update and fix. But remember that you will be able to ship materials around in the future, having a mining planet that ships to a production planet that ships to a population planet will be the only way to achieve maximum productivity and population.
Forums > General discussion > Current Balance Opinion
Steam Early-access
Gods and Idols
Gods and Idols is copyright © Johannes Pihl 2007-2023, all rights reserved;
Shadowbox.js is © Michael J. I. Jackson;
All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.