Forums > General discussion > What's going on?
Ascendance
Newborn
Joined 4426 days ago
Last seen 2709 days ago
What's going on?
Posted 3789 days ago
As someone who barely got to try v1 before it shutdown some years ago, I have to wonder what on earth is happening? I get that it takes time to get a new thing up and running, but why isn't it even playable yet? If nothing else, why not keep v1 active until v2 is operational?
Excuse me for being ignorant, but I have been checking in every few months/weeks to see if I can finally try this seemingly awesome game for real (discovered v1 on a friends computer as I myself didn't have on at the time).
I've had three accounts/logins so far too, since enough time passed for me to forget the password and name for the first (a year) and the TC has had many difficulties with my second.
I get in with the third, but accretion still doesn't work it seems, and the forums have gone remarkably silent.

If there are issues, I'd like to know what kind in the event that perhaps I can be of assistance. I REEEAAlly wanna play.
Joseph
Newborn
Joined 5531 days ago
Last seen 470 days ago
Re. What's going on?
Posted 3789 days ago
Take a min and think about it... One dude is trying to make this game, not some multi million dollar a year company, with an army of people to write code. Last I knew accretion worked, nothing has been posted about it being turned off. While I agree v1 was fun, again we have to consider the whole Jatt being one dude and all and being one dude only has so much equipment to keep such servers online required to play the game.

As far as you helping, when doesn't money help? :)
Jattenalle
Developer
Joined 6109 days ago
Last seen a day ago
Re. What's going on?
Posted 3789 days ago
Ascendance
why not keep v1 active until v2 is operational?
Gods and Idols 1x was a quick, feature incomplete prototype to test the gameplay idea. It was coded poorly and the last few months before it was shut down it required literally 4+ hours a day of pure maintenance to keep running.
Which meant nothing was done on 2.x, the feature complete version currently in development.

I made a decision to shut down 1.x in late 2011 and open alpha testing of 2.x begun in March of 2012.

Since then there's been several rewrites of important engine components to better support the planned features for the game.

One of the most time consuming areas have proven to be the interface, which requires substantial effort in order to be usable, intuitive, and not completely broken.

The latest update to the game was 22 days ago. But I understand people just want the game to be ''done'', unfortunately that's not how things work.

And hey, at least it's not Half Life: Episode 3 or Duke Nukem Forever!

I get in with the third, but accretion still doesn't work it seems
Have you posted a bug report? Accretion works fine.

If there are issues, I'd like to know what kind in the event that perhaps I can be of assistance. I REEEAAlly wanna play.
The best way to help right now is to purchase Essence
Ascendance
Newborn
Joined 4426 days ago
Last seen 2709 days ago
Re. What's going on?
Posted 3788 days ago
I appreciate your answer and all the hard work you are doing, truly.
I sent an email to the Contact-address, if you haven't read it yet, I ask that you do. Forgive me if this is an inappropriate way of doing this.
Dauntless233
Newborn
Joined 4591 days ago
Last seen 197 days ago
Re. What's going on?
Posted 3788 days ago
I say try Kickstarter. The Space genre is getting famous again and a goal of 100,000 would be an easy reach. Plus it'll bring in more members to this relatively small community.

The only reason I could think of not starting a kick starter is that you have doubts you'll finish this game.
If you meet me,
Have some courtesy,
Have some sympathy, and some taste.
Jattenalle
Developer
Joined 6109 days ago
Last seen a day ago
Re. What's going on?
Posted 3788 days ago
Dauntless233
The only reason I could think of not starting a kick starter is that you have doubts you'll finish this game.
Or, it's only available in the US, UK, New Zealand, Australia, and Canada.
Dauntless233
Newborn
Joined 4591 days ago
Last seen 197 days ago
Re. What's going on?
Posted 3786 days ago
Wow; that's pretty god damn stupid tbh..
If you meet me,
Have some courtesy,
Have some sympathy, and some taste.
Moopy
Newborn
Joined 4998 days ago
Last seen 1552 days ago
Re. What's going on?
Posted 3786 days ago
Can't you get someone in those locations to start it? I'm pretty sure you can. All you need is someone you trust.
Joseph
Newborn
Joined 5531 days ago
Last seen 470 days ago
Re. What's going on?
Posted 3785 days ago
Then it becomes money laundering.
Jattenalle
Developer
Joined 6109 days ago
Last seen a day ago
Re. What's going on?
Posted 3785 days ago
Moopy
Can't you get someone in those locations to start it? I'm pretty sure you can. All you need is someone you trust.

Joseph
Then it becomes money laundering.
Not quite money laundering, but yeah, taxation nightmare.

Anyhow, there are plenty of other ''crowdfunding'' alternatives. If I ever do put GaI up on a crowdfunding site it will be once there's more gameplay.
Forums > General discussion > What's going on?
Steam Early-access
Gods and Idols
Gods and Idols is copyright © Johannes Pihl 2007-2023, all rights reserved;
Shadowbox.js is © Michael J. I. Jackson;
All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.