Forums > General discussion > Building progression early draft
Jattenalle
Developer
Joined 6107 days ago
Last seen 5 days ago
Building progression early draft
Posted 3888 days ago
UPDATE
Went back to the drawing board, scrapped the idea of building progression and ''path-unlocks'' in favor of just good 'ol regular pre-requisites and a list view.

List view work in progress screenshot:

ORIGINAL POST
This is an early draft of the building progression tree.
Basically, what, if any, buildings another building ''upgrades'' into.

This is not final, and in the end there might not be a progression at all, in favor of a system where everything is available at once without the need to upgrade specific buildings. We'll see what happens!

Click the thumbnail for a larger version
kiloran
Newborn
Joined 5207 days ago
Last seen 2752 days ago
Re. Building progression early draft
Posted 3888 days ago
I enjoy the look of it it would feel a bit like those inbrowser games though her eyou upgrade the buildings on plots of land like evony online etc. But it does look pretty good from this viewpoint additionally i doubt that a radial wheel would be large eneough for all of them to fit nicely eneough for you to be able to clearly see and choose out the ones you want so this is probley the best choice.

I am a bit confused by how you worked out the progression though but thats probley just because of the buildings and what they turn into at times. Like a tradeport would be by the sea so you wouldnt see a mint built on the ocean but eh i could just be looking for to much realism.
I will always arise from the ashes.
Dauntless233
Newborn
Joined 4590 days ago
Last seen 195 days ago
Posted 3886 days ago
I like it.
If you meet me,
Have some courtesy,
Have some sympathy, and some taste.
Dusk
Newborn
Joined 4993 days ago
Last seen 2626 days ago
Posted 3886 days ago
I see what you're going for, Jatt. Is each branch a decision? In other words, after building a farm can you build both a market and a granary or do you have to choose one over the other?
Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom...not the end.
Macatord
Newborn
Joined 5153 days ago
Last seen 2607 days ago
Posted 3883 days ago
kiloran
it would feel a bit like those inbrowser games though her eyou upgrade the buildings on plots of land like evony online etc..

eewww
Something witty and funny
Jattenalle
Developer
Joined 6107 days ago
Last seen 5 days ago
Posted 3880 days ago
Went back to the drawing board, scrapped the idea of building progression and ''path-unlocks'' in favor of just good 'ol regular pre-requisites and a list view.

List view work in progress screenshot:
LoveToKill
Newborn
Joined 3977 days ago
Last seen 2656 days ago
Posted 3880 days ago
hmmm i dont think its output is worth its upkeep, jokeing, seems intresting look foward to more information
Moopy
Newborn
Joined 4997 days ago
Last seen 1550 days ago
Posted 3878 days ago
i like this hopefully we can get a good balance between upkeep and production...

99999 is kinda harsh lol.. :P
Dusk
Newborn
Joined 4993 days ago
Last seen 2626 days ago
Posted 3878 days ago
So you just progress straight down the list? The buildings above are the prerequisites for the buildings below?
Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom...not the end.
Jattenalle
Developer
Joined 6107 days ago
Last seen 5 days ago
Posted 3878 days ago
Dusk
So you just progress straight down the list? The buildings above are the prerequisites for the buildings below?
No, it's a flat list.
All the buildings are available and do not upgrade or change into other buildings.

Some buildings may require another building before you can construct them though, such as Granary requiring a Farm before you can build one (This is an example!)

It's a more standard layout and progression, same as in most other RTS' and should feel familiar.
Dauntless233
Newborn
Joined 4590 days ago
Last seen 195 days ago
Posted 3874 days ago
Is there going to be a cap on upgrades and/or building slots?
because I would hate having 10+ planets and being forced to check on them all the time to upgrade to level 258.
If you meet me,
Have some courtesy,
Have some sympathy, and some taste.
LoveToKill
Newborn
Joined 3977 days ago
Last seen 2656 days ago
Posted 3874 days ago
Dauntless233
Is there going to be a cap on upgrades and/or building slots?
because I would hate having 10+ planets and being forced to check on them all the time to upgrade to level 258.

It's a strat MMO ofc you'll be doing that OR maybe instead of upgradeig building having to make more production facilties which would be kinda interesting but idc either way :x
Forums > General discussion > Building progression early draft
Steam Early-access
Gods and Idols
Gods and Idols is copyright © Johannes Pihl 2007-2023, all rights reserved;
Shadowbox.js is © Michael J. I. Jackson;
All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.