Forums > Off-topic > Im in trouble...
Auios
Newborn
Joined 4881 days ago
Last seen 2159 days ago
Im in trouble...
Posted 4055 days ago
So I am 17, I go to Highschool, and I live in America.

Here's the story:
My friend Nathan who is 16 noticed one of the teacher's computers was left logged in. He decided it would be a good idea to take all the teacher's files. So he did that and got away with them.

Theres a kid named Jasen, he is 17, who is also friends with us. All three of us have gotten into trouble before by getting the administrator account for the school network (But that's another story). I am not sure if Nathan gave Jasen the files or what.

After school on our bus he told me what he had done and then showed me the files. I foolishly decided to take copies of them. I later went data mining through the stuff and I found .reg and policy files. I also found some of my class's tests that have already been done. They had the answers and stuff on them.

Tomorrow rolls over and then mid way into the day Nathan, Jasen, and I get called out of our classes and are interrogated about the files. We all fess up everything. They threatened to consider taking legal action against us.

I want to know your opinions on what you think they will do.
Right now we are all suspended.
Joseph
Newborn
Joined 5536 days ago
Last seen 476 days ago
Re. Im in trouble...
Posted 4055 days ago
omg Auios.

you are in deep bro, I mean BALLS deep, but I am sure you already know that.

This could result in expulsion, it will depend heavily on your actions from here on, the things you say, how you act, everything. You could turn this into an opportunity for yourself though, at least save yourself. Offer suggestions on how to prevent this thing from happening again the way it did, Isolating the most important files on a private server protected with a password perhaps. as well as some new teacher policies about leaving computers unprotected and unattended, but I don't think they will take too kindly to you lecturing them about policy.

You could offer to do some work around the place for free, such as cleaning and all that jazz as some sort of penance, but it would be good for you to figure out if they will expel you or not first, so you don't give them free labor.

As far as them taking legal action, I doubt it will come to this, a scare tactic to over compensate for their own stupidity leaving the important files so easy to grab to begin with.

Anyways man sorry you got into this trouble, like you said, it isn't good. people have certainly been expelled for far less.

Try and make a deal with them doing volunteer work and what not in exchange for not dropping the expulsion hammer and continuously express how sorry you are and all that pathetic crap to give the teachers egos a nice stroking. You could even cry a little :P they will eat that up.

that is really all I have bro, hope it helps.

Btw, how did they find out it was you guys before you told them?
Auios
Newborn
Joined 4881 days ago
Last seen 2159 days ago
Re. Im in trouble...
Posted 4055 days ago
New developments. Nathan left a image file on the teacher's computer to taunt him. The teacher asked the coputer lab teacher who sat there last and then thats how it all unfolded. At this point I think I might have been better off to lie about my possesion of the files
Joseph
Newborn
Joined 5536 days ago
Last seen 476 days ago
Re. Im in trouble...
Posted 4055 days ago
telling lies will only have gotten you into worse trouble. if one of your friends said that you had them and so on...

at the very least YOU yourself didn't plant this file, nor were you involved in anyway, so you shouldn't get punished for that. you may have to throw your friend under the buss though and make sure they fully understand you had nothing to do with the planting of the image.

also another note, find some less retarded friends, you all could have cheated on those tests if you had used your brain :P ofc not getting an a+ randomly marking some answers to get them wrong and what not, but hey cheating is bad :P
Auios
Newborn
Joined 4881 days ago
Last seen 2159 days ago
Re. Im in trouble...
Posted 4055 days ago
I think they arnt worried about the image. They are upset because those files got out to the public.
Dauntless233
Newborn
Joined 4597 days ago
Last seen 203 days ago
Re. Im in trouble...
Posted 4053 days ago
I have done some horrible things to my teachers and other students, they will threaten you with expulsion but always seem to be to lazy to do it..You will almost for sure get in more trouble than you are right now from, but I doubt you will get expelled.

{EDIT}
I didn't read what your friend did. Yes, at the very least your friend is fucked.
If you meet me,
Have some courtesy,
Have some sympathy, and some taste.
Dauntless233
Newborn
Joined 4597 days ago
Last seen 203 days ago
Re. Im in trouble...
Posted 4053 days ago
Was going to tell a story, but just way to inappropriate for the forums..
If you meet me,
Have some courtesy,
Have some sympathy, and some taste.
Moopy
Newborn
Joined 5004 days ago
Last seen 1558 days ago
Re. Im in trouble...
Posted 4053 days ago
Don't get his hopes high. His teachers and staff are not the same as your teachers and staff. So hey, thy might go full force on him. They might use you to set an example as well.

Be truthful about everything, because i'm sure that your friend will throw you under the bus so don't worry about friendship. You mentioned how your friend got caught, but you never mentioned how you got caught. Seems to me that you were already sold out from the get-go. If that's the case you are screwed, especially if they both try to turn it on you.

My street Motto:

GET THEM BEFORE THEY GET YOU!!!
squishynidas
Newborn
Joined 5525 days ago
Last seen 2578 days ago
Re. Im in trouble...
Posted 4053 days ago
Tell them the truth and distance your self from your friend, he seems like someone that will just bring you down. Also, show them that you are remorseful, apologise for taking the files from your friend, and actually sound like you mean it.
RisingPhoenix
Newborn
Joined 4345 days ago
Last seen 2012 days ago
Re. Im in trouble...
Posted 4052 days ago
Auios
New developments. Nathan left a image file on the teacher's computer to taunt him. The teacher asked the coputer lab teacher who sat there last and then thats how it all unfolded. At this point I think I might have been better off to lie about my possesion of the files
/facepalm. That explains everything.

Do as other people have said: Repent, it is the best you can do. If pressed, explain that you had no malicious intent - it was just a jubenile joke - and that it was not your intention to cause any damage.
The Ascendant Firebird.
Joseph
Newborn
Joined 5536 days ago
Last seen 476 days ago
Re. Im in trouble...
Posted 4050 days ago
Any updates Auios??
Auios
Newborn
Joined 4881 days ago
Last seen 2159 days ago
Re. Im in trouble...
Posted 4048 days ago
Joseph
Any updates Auios??
Yes actually! I didn't get expelled! yay!

I got suspended for the rest of the year. Along with Jasen.
Nathan on the other hand got expelled.

This won't stop me from going to college with my friends, I was already planning on going to community college after highschool anyways. But I cannot get any financial aid because I will lack a GED or High school diploma. Doesn't matter. My dad told me he'd pay for it all. Lol
Moopy
Newborn
Joined 5004 days ago
Last seen 1558 days ago
Re. Im in trouble...
Posted 4048 days ago
Congratz.. I bet u lied thru your teeth eh.
Auios
Newborn
Joined 4881 days ago
Last seen 2159 days ago
Re. Im in trouble...
Posted 4035 days ago
Nah
Forums > Off-topic > Im in trouble...
Steam Early-access
Gods and Idols
Gods and Idols is copyright © Johannes Pihl 2007-2023, all rights reserved;
Shadowbox.js is © Michael J. I. Jackson;
All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.