Forums > Off-topic > We AAR Pegu!
Grantrithor
Newborn
Joined 5064 days ago
Last seen 1907 days ago
We AAR Pegu!
Posted 4073 days ago
Hmmm... Well I decided to do an EU3 (with the MEIOU:TD mod) after action report

I am posting it here because, the forums are mostly dead and I wanna try and spice it up with something. The MEIOU mod adds a ton of provinces, events, new advisors, early start date, later end date, more tech, and a bunch more so if u play EU3 this is by far the best mod out there. This is my first AAR.

Why Pegu? Because its not a strong country, has a Center of Trade and claims on provinces in 3 other countries (gotta love not taking infamy costs and free CB).

Ok, so basically my Goal is to dominate the land in the SEA region then move into the islands in SEA and expanding into either china or India after that. With the number of new countries and provinces in MEIOU if I can I will go beyond this goal. That is if I dont burn to ashes in the process.

Alright, so im starting in 1356 (earlier start date than the original 1399) mostly because if I start in 1399 the Ming dynasty rules all of china and I cant match the manpower Ming will have. Better to have a China divided. Also have lucky nations turned off and the smarter AI activated. MEIOU allows for a starting bonus or handicap which I decided to say no to both to allow a fair playing field.

Ok, So lets take a look at Pegu.

My modest and small 4 province kingdom.

Ill be working towards getting my sliders +5 free trade and -5 centralization first. This is a no brainer as it gives the best bonuses for trade efficiency/compete and research bonuses.

Gotta Focus on that Trade, Land, and Gov't till they become to far ahead then ill switch over to production some. My Navy wont be tht important till a bit later but, ill keep it at the average.

Ill accept!

My War exhaustion and Infamy are much to low. :( Mruak U has 2 of my cores and I should be able to mop them up easy since they just sent their army across the sea to fight Khmer. Opportunity taken!

Lan Xang joins but Khmer is already at war with everyone listed except Shan so they cant join. Im hoping they will be distracted while I quickly take my cores and annex Mruak U.

The situation in Khmer-Ayutthaya area looks grim.

Khmer lost a big chunk and Angkor is one of the few provinces around tht produces diamonds...

I fully occupy Mruak U and am moving to pincer the entire Shan army. With my king leading the Charge!

2 easy victories and a battle later Shan's entire army is dispersed.

Taking my cores in Mrauk U and annexing them. Shan sends a peace offer...but lets be honest thats not happening yet and definitely not at those terms.

MORE CB! NIOCE!

Lan Xang folded vs the far more numerous Ayutthaya forces now im on my own and they are headed my way.

Defeated a 9 stack and sent them running but then a 16 pops up. My only choice is to hurry and occupy Shan the leader in the war maybe I can salvage something!

Lan Xang Betrayal!

Situation isnt looking good, im not going to be able to occupy any more of Shan (Pink) with that Ayutthaya 13 stack blocking me and I dont have enough warscore to get any sort of deal out of this war. Not even white peace.

From bad to worse Ayutthaya attacks with their big stack right after I take out one of their smaller armies. After 3 more battles with similar results im out of manpower and low on any type of forces while my enemies still have roughly 12 thousand more sitting in my land.

I must accept defeat. Although Mruak U is now my vassal and I gained 2 provenances, I lost a major ally to the enemy side.

Vassalize mission on Tipura and Vassalization of Koch because they have 2 30k+ population cities and gives me a hold on the Indian border since I wont be finding friends to the east of me.

Just as five years are up I repay my loan of 98 ducats and my king dies. Now a Regency till my heir is 14, I need the break to lose infamy, WE, and gain some manpower anyway. Maybe I can even find another ally besides the broken Khmer as well...
// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis
$str = str_replace(array(''\{'',''\}''),'' '',$str);
Grantrithor
Newborn
Joined 5064 days ago
Last seen 1907 days ago
Re. We AAR Pegu!
Posted 4072 days ago
The 4 years following the death of my king were quiet. No wars or events, besides some small trading ones. Then in 1365...

My new, not very good king takes the throne. The stats are average, the bonus sucks is negative, and I throw a big celebration to increase legitimacy to 100 and avoid any other penalties. But, I can finally go to war!

Just less than a year later I accomplish my goal and annex the provinces I wanted.

Ten days later I wipe the floor with Ayutthaya. Trying to weaken my rivals as much as possible before I accept defeat to their much larger armies.

Exactly a year later with the Lan Xang/Ayutthaya alliance clearing up all their other wars and marching towards me it becomes apparent I will not have a chance of victory. I pay 125 ducts to Lan Xang before I start incurring to much lose or penalties. Its all gone exactly as planned.

This gives you an idea of the situation in SEA and you can also see the divide in China with the Yuan losing all its southern provinces. Bengal is also in deep trouble as they are being conquered from the west by revolution and the east by the horde of Kochar.

I get a vassalization mission versus Kochar which comes at a perfect time since they are at war with Bengal. Assam is also a horde nation and the odds are heavily in my favor.

Ava and Sukhothai join the war as almost everyone hates me it is not a surprise, Ava takes lead in the war.

I get an awesome event since manpower was very low I of course accept. You can also kinda see in the back ground Lan Na and I have completely destroyed the Kochar and Assam forces and are now besieging almost all their cities.

Ava 12,000 strong army an Sukhothai 9,000 strong army besieging me unopposed. While I just finished up in Kochar except for 5,000 troops I start heading back into my land to kill them off. With my main force consisting of ~16,000 men.

Situation in west Indian area. I have occupied almost all of Kochar (Dark Blue). They have seized Bengal and Dakka from Bengal and Assam (dark reddish/purply) is under siege by my vassals.

By the end of September 1371 I completely destroy the armies of Sukhothai and Ava with the help of Lan Na. Leaving the enemy completely defenseless with no armies at all.

My country is completely united and WE event is terrific.

Bengal finally falls and I vassalize Kochar. Total Victory is but a hop, skip and a jump away!

Pegu and all her holding by the year 1373.

I get a border friction CB against Bengal and grab Chittagong while they are broken.

Towards the end of 1374 the king is dead and it will be another 5 years before his heir takes the throne. Such a long wait...
squishynidas
Newborn
Joined 5524 days ago
Last seen 2576 days ago
Re. We AAR Pegu!
Posted 4072 days ago
I have crusader kings 2, victoria 2, and hearts of iron 3. I can't seem to get into any of them.
Grantrithor
Newborn
Joined 5064 days ago
Last seen 1907 days ago
Re. We AAR Pegu!
Posted 4072 days ago
im not a big fan of HOI 3 i heard some good things about crusader kings 2 though. I actually didnt like EU3 at all when i first got it. I thought it was confusing. You couldn't just go in conquering endlessly like in other games, it had a lot of information i had no clue what it did, graphics seemed lacking, etc. etc.

But out of curiosity i kept at it learned about the game. wanted it to be more complex so i dled mods. Even now im still learning after months of having it. I rank it as one of the best games ive ever played now. when i first started i thought it was the one of the worst.
Icefire2314
Newborn
Joined 4596 days ago
Last seen 1497 days ago
Re. We AAR Pegu!
Posted 4060 days ago
Isn't there some form of multiplayer of EU3? I love that game and if I could play multiplayer that'd be amazing. Never have played multi so don't know how it works.
Dauntless233
Newborn
Joined 4596 days ago
Last seen 201 days ago
Re. We AAR Pegu!
Posted 4058 days ago
Yes, you can install Hamachi or any other port forwarding software to play multiplayer. I believe there is also a metaserver in Eu3 that lets you play with other people, but because It's a Paradox game I doubt it works...Also, I wasn't a fan of Eu3 when I first played it either. I was actually really disappointed that I couldn't command my armies, now it's also one of my favorite games.
If you meet me,
Have some courtesy,
Have some sympathy, and some taste.
Grantrithor
Newborn
Joined 5064 days ago
Last seen 1907 days ago
Re. We AAR Pegu!
Posted 4056 days ago
i started playing crusader kings 2 its different than eu3 but has the same vibe almost. im not sure which one i like more though.
Dauntless233
Newborn
Joined 4596 days ago
Last seen 201 days ago
Re. We AAR Pegu!
Posted 4052 days ago
I like EU3 better because you start off right on the bat as ruler to a nation, crusader kings you need to rise to power which is fun, but a bit tedious imo. Also, could you keep the screenshots going? I never played as an Asian country before and I am interested in what happens ^_^
If you meet me,
Have some courtesy,
AdmiralKosh
Newborn
Joined 4083 days ago
Last seen 3254 days ago
Re. We AAR Pegu!
Posted 4051 days ago
I like Crusader Kings 2, it's not as easy to get into as most games but very rewarding when you start to grasp how everything works.
Go away.. Leave now
Dauntless233
Newborn
Joined 4596 days ago
Last seen 201 days ago
Re. We AAR Pegu!
Posted 4047 days ago
EU3 is only $5 right now btw,
cheap enough that even I replaced my old non-steam copy.
http://www.indiegala.com/
If you meet me,
Have some courtesy,
Icefire2314
Newborn
Joined 4596 days ago
Last seen 1497 days ago
Re. We AAR Pegu!
Posted 4045 days ago
If anyone wants to do multiplayer with hamachi I'm up for it.
Dauntless233
Newborn
Joined 4596 days ago
Last seen 201 days ago
Re. We AAR Pegu!
Posted 4032 days ago
I'm not a fan of Eu3 multiplayer, but a few of my friends play it all the time if you'd like to try it out. They're new just as I suppose you are, but a few of them know how to play enough to teach you what you may not know. Just pm me on IRC if you'd like to try a game w/ them.
If you meet me,
Have some courtesy,
Icefire2314
Newborn
Joined 4596 days ago
Last seen 1497 days ago
Re. We AAR Pegu!
Posted 4031 days ago
Dauntless233
I'm not a fan of Eu3 multiplayer, but a few of my friends play it all the time if you'd like to try it out. They're new just as I suppose you are, but a few of them know how to play enough to teach you what you may not know. Just pm me on IRC if you'd like to try a game w/ them.

I've never tried multiplayer before but it'd be interesting
Forums > Off-topic > We AAR Pegu!
Steam Early-access
Gods and Idols
Gods and Idols is copyright © Johannes Pihl 2007-2023, all rights reserved;
Shadowbox.js is © Michael J. I. Jackson;
All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.