Forums > General discussion > Questions for livestream
Jattenalle
Developer
Joined 6088 days ago
Last seen 3 days ago
Questions for livestream
Posted 4103 days ago
Post your questions for the upcoming livestream here!

You can also ask questions in the stream chat or IRC during the event, but posting them here now likely means a better answer as we have more time to ponder it.

So, get to posting, and see you live Friday the 25th of January, midnight GMT!
Icefire2314
Newborn
Joined 4570 days ago
Last seen 1472 days ago
Re. Questions for livestream
Posted 4103 days ago
How far is the game into development? As in, how much content has been added overall that you plan currently to add?
xxidplayerxx
Newborn
Joined 4121 days ago
Last seen 4100 days ago
Posted 4103 days ago
If to add some on to the previous question, when are you planning on updating the testserver, or are you planning on keeping it the current way until it releases?
TL;DR Testserver update when?
squishynidas
Newborn
Joined 5498 days ago
Last seen 2551 days ago
Posted 4101 days ago
What are the specifications of your test server and the speed of your internet?

Where did the dual orbiting stars go? I couldn't seem to find any last time I logged in.

Who is your daddy?
Scroby
Newborn
Joined 4289 days ago
Last seen 566 days ago
Posted 4100 days ago
In the previous live stream, you clarified that you would be able to add parts to your ships that would alter it's appearance. My question is: What plans, if any, do you have on how you plan to sell or price these? Will they be expensive ''collectibles'' so to speak, or will they be achieved by buying it with essence, or what?
Moopy
Newborn
Joined 4977 days ago
Last seen 1531 days ago
Posted 4098 days ago
Any chance we can see the vid? You know, for those who weren't there.
Grantrithor
Newborn
Joined 5038 days ago
Last seen 1882 days ago
Posted 4097 days ago
Pertaining to the pantheon settings you described in the last live stream. You mentioned the Dictatorship, Controlling Elite, and Democracy. We all know how they are set up and what each type entails now as well.

I am... well... disappointed with this setup. To come to my question would you be willing to change this at all? Or would be willing to make it so there are inhibitors in place? For example, some people can abstain (with permission from ruling parties) from their empire being controlled. Or maybe they would be able to raise a flag on a certain number of their ships to be allowed to be controlled by the ruling members.

I am disappointed in this because, if i were not a person who would be heading a pantheon i would be totally against entering one in the first place. Only because i would have to allow someone to have direct control over my things. I don't want to put any other person in a position i wouldn't want to be in myself. Though this may have been your intent to steer people away from pantheons i just see this as a unnecessary aspect to the game.
// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis
$str = str_replace(array(''\{'',''\}''),'' '',$str);
squishynidas
Newborn
Joined 5498 days ago
Last seen 2551 days ago
Posted 4092 days ago
If there is pantheon wide research available, how do you plan to implement it? Will the researched things be researched forever, will they be available for a limited time after research, or will there be a mix of sorts? I already know with artifacts and other market items there is a time limit, so I am wondering if research will be similar in this apect, if there is any research at all.

We all know that there will be nuetral and enemy territories. We know that limbo will yeild a dungeon like experience. however, will there be locations or benefits in the galaxies that pantheons wil be enchuraged to fight over?
DarkSteban
Newborn
Joined 4122 days ago
Last seen 1490 days ago
Posted 4088 days ago
When exactly the patch will be ready and the servers will be back operational?

end of the month?
squishynidas
Newborn
Joined 5498 days ago
Last seen 2551 days ago
Posted 4088 days ago
Can those of us who have spent endless hours in the IRC get an achievement called ''The Long Wait'' when the game is finally released?
Dauntless233
Newborn
Joined 4570 days ago
Last seen 175 days ago
Posted 4087 days ago
I have also been busy and could not watch the previous live stream. Vid would be nice.

Question: I've noticed pantheons have espionage ranks, do you plan on implementing some sort of system for espionage?
If you meet me,
Have some courtesy,
Have some sympathy, and some taste.
Jattenalle
Developer
Joined 6088 days ago
Last seen 3 days ago
Posted 4087 days ago
Regarding video of the previous livestream: It will not happen.
Twitch changed their default behavior so that videos that are not manually flagged for saving are removed after 4 days.

I didnt check the settings properly and never flagged the video for saving, it is gone, sorry :(
Good news is that I'll be damned sure to check in the future :)
Grantrithor
Newborn
Joined 5038 days ago
Last seen 1882 days ago
Posted 4086 days ago
i know this subject has been talked to death. I also believe i have a firm understanding of it. But, will the resource system be exact/similar to civ 5's resource system? where planet/ city A produces +6 iron, so the empire gets a +6 iron. Unit A costs 1 iron, so then the empire has +5 iron now and so on and so forth.

Then like civ 5 where there is a time/turn duration or will there be no time limit on a trade route? Also will there be luxury items/resources that increase happiness and such? When trade routes are raided is the full trade stolen or partial? can trade routes be cancelled immediately?

Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of the Ice Giants. I don't see any Ice Giants around. So why do more people believe in Jesus?
// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis
$str = str_replace(array(''\{'',''\}''),'' '',$str);
squishynidas
Newborn
Joined 5498 days ago
Last seen 2551 days ago
Posted 4082 days ago
Will there be super mega instant win missles?
Uncle PaiPai
Newborn
Joined 4975 days ago
Last seen 2267 days ago
Posted 4081 days ago
valkar
accbar
Newborn
Joined 5072 days ago
Last seen 3578 days ago
Posted 4081 days ago
Valkar
''Lucky creatures. At long last you have found the tranquility of death. I was like you, once, clinging to life and blind to the truth.''
Joseph
Newborn
Joined 5509 days ago
Last seen 449 days ago
Posted 4081 days ago
Valkar
squishynidas
Newborn
Joined 5498 days ago
Last seen 2551 days ago
Posted 4081 days ago
I remember Valkar protection. :/ We would all be named Valkar. I didn't remember until I saw other posts though.
Jattenalle
Developer
Joined 6088 days ago
Last seen 3 days ago
Posted 4080 days ago
Valkar was the secret word, 500 Essence given to each of you four!
Icefire2314
Newborn
Joined 4570 days ago
Last seen 1472 days ago
Posted 4080 days ago
Grantrithor
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of the Ice Giants. I don't see any Ice Giants around. So why do more people believe in Jesus?

Uh Grant out of curiousity what does that have to do with anything?
Forums > General discussion > Questions for livestream
Steam Early-access
Gods and Idols
Gods and Idols is copyright © Johannes Pihl 2007-2023, all rights reserved;
Shadowbox.js is © Michael J. I. Jackson;
All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.