Forums > General discussion > Some changes coming
Jattenalle
Developer
Joined 6115 days ago
Last seen 2 days ago
Some changes coming
Posted 4140 days ago
In the future we will more actively be looking for input on what you, as players, want to see be added next.
Up to this point it has largely been a black box of development where you get the occasional glimpse of things to come but have no real control or input.
We are looking to change that.

In practice, this means that every week or so we will be running a small poll where you can voice your opinion on which thing to work on next, for example a poll might be:
-Building upgrades
-Spells
-Artifacts

Whichever gets the most votes is the thing that takes priority.
Mind you, this does not change the ''grand plan'' of major components being added/unlocked, instead focusing on the smaller but equally important pieces.

This new input system will go into effect after the Seed patch is finalized, which should happen sometime in January (As always, if it's not ready it will be delayed)

And as usual, keep checking the TEST server and client, we can't fix issues if you don't report them!
Grantrithor
Newborn
Joined 5066 days ago
Last seen 1909 days ago
Re. Some changes coming
Posted 4140 days ago
question, does this really matter? i mean is this just an attempt to keep us entertained? since you will be working on all these things eventually wont we just really be helping u decide in which order to work on them?

Not to sound ungrateful or anything.
// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis
$str = str_replace(array(''\{'',''\}''),'' '',$str);
Jattenalle
Developer
Joined 6115 days ago
Last seen 2 days ago
Re. Some changes coming
Posted 4140 days ago
Grantrithor
wont we just really be helping u decide in which order to work on them?
That is exactly what it means
Alumjha
Newborn
Joined 4287 days ago
Last seen 2645 days ago
Re. Some changes coming
Posted 4140 days ago
I think its a great Idea. You might be looking at this one way Grant; it wont just entertain the players and give them a sense of involvement, as it will also help to inspire the developers and show them we care :D
squishynidas
Newborn
Joined 5526 days ago
Last seen 2578 days ago
Re. Some changes coming
Posted 4140 days ago
Code my brain
Moopy
Newborn
Joined 5005 days ago
Last seen 1558 days ago
Re. Some changes coming
Posted 4140 days ago
Not much to code there squishy..

Meh i guess it's okay. But i may have to agree with Grant on this. It is what it is though. For sure im voting for ships when that poll comes :)
squishynidas
Newborn
Joined 5526 days ago
Last seen 2578 days ago
Re. Some changes coming
Posted 4138 days ago
Moopy
Not much to code there squishy..

Meh i guess it's okay. But i may have to agree with Grant on this. It is what it is though. For sure im voting for ships when that poll comes :)
Yeah, it is all rather intact. You know what they say, ''Don't fix what isn't broken.''
DarkSteban
Newborn
Joined 4149 days ago
Last seen 1517 days ago
Re. Some changes coming
Posted 4138 days ago
Gods and idols is a very good game I've always wanted a game like this.

The only bad thing is that it lacks a lot and it would be better to focus on improving the basics rather than improving the graphics are already good enough.

It is my opinion yet you've managed to congratulate jattenale create something spectacular ...
Forums > General discussion > Some changes coming
Steam Early-access
Gods and Idols
Gods and Idols is copyright © Johannes Pihl 2007-2023, all rights reserved;
Shadowbox.js is © Michael J. I. Jackson;
All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.