Forums > Suggestions > Forum functionality
Erad
Newborn
Joined 5082 days ago
Last seen 3311 days ago
Forum functionality
Posted 4299 days ago
This is not so much a suggestion for the game, but ways the forums could be more servicable and user-friendly.

Some ideas:

[*]Thread pages: Currently, a forum thread's posts all go on one page. This isn't too bad for shorter threads, but becomes unwieldy the more responses a thread receives. It'd be better if threads were broken up into several pages with a set number of posts (say, 20).

[*]Automatically resize pictures: When pictures are posted on the forums here, they tend to be full-sized. Again, this is unwieldy. Instead, the pictures could be resized to a maximum width or height constraint, and clicking on the picture opens a new tab with the picture in full size.

[*]Spoiler tags: many forums use a form of spoiler tags to hide text, pictures or videos from being visible without the reader's consent. For example typing [spoiler]text[/spoiler] in a forum post would leave a button saying ''spoilers'', and pushing the button would reveal the text, picture or video. This of course hides spoilers from those whou don't want to be spoiled, but also (perhaps) reduces load times, by not loading the hidden content until the reader chooses to view it.

EDIT

[*]Linking to specific posts: Being able to link to a specific post makes it easy to reference a specific part of another thread, should it become relevant in the one the user is posting in, without the need to give readers directions to find a specific post. It would function the same way the Wikipedia content links at the top of an article link to specific sub parts of the article.

[*]Numbering posts: Posts should be numbered, for example, a number in the post title line, or next to the indication of the time it was posted. This number could be the link to that specific post as explained in the previous point.

EDIT 2

[*]New posts are written on the same page as the forum thread: The box where a user types his post should be on the same page as the forum thread, prefereably at the bottom of the page. That way, users can reread parts of the thread while composing their posts without needing to open a new tab. Editing can still be done in another page.
Auios
Newborn
Joined 4882 days ago
Last seen 2159 days ago
Re. Forum functionality
Posted 4299 days ago
I publicly sign this thread! :D
RisingPhoenix
Newborn
Joined 4345 days ago
Last seen 2013 days ago
Re. Forum functionality
Posted 4298 days ago
I do not have a problem with non-threaded pages (in fact the feature could be called original nowdays, as this is the first forum in which I have ever seen it) and seems to fit nicely.

However, all other suggestions could come in handy.
The Ascendant Firebird.
Forums > Suggestions > Forum functionality
Steam Early-access
Gods and Idols
Gods and Idols is copyright © Johannes Pihl 2007-2023, all rights reserved;
Shadowbox.js is © Michael J. I. Jackson;
All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.