Forums > Diary > Foundation returning soon!
Jattenalle
Developer
Joined 6116 days ago
Last seen 3 days ago
Foundation returning soon!
Posted 2285 days ago
Fixing the issues brought by the Foundation update is progressing nicely.

Accretion, Planets, Cities, Buildings, Production, Goods and Resources will return at long last!

Now, 2017 was not a great year in terms of progress for Gods and Idols. Between appendix operation, and updates that just did not work properly, not a whole lot of progress was visible to all of you deities wanting to play the game.

I've made some changes to how I approach patches and updates, hopefully this means no more completely broken ones.
And hey, my appendix is already gone, so it can't burst again.

So what does 2018 have in store for Gods and Idols? Well, here are some of the major features that I have planned:
  • Add the ingame store
    • I know a lot of people are worried about pay2win or just awful lootboxes, rest assured the store will have none of that. I look forward to hearing what you guys think of this one when it's added.
  • Spells
    • You're supposed to be deities, cast some spells and act like it!
  • Proper ingame pantheon system
    • Alliances are important, time to get them in the game
  • Interface improvements
    • There are a lot of issues with the interface right now. At some point I'll take a few weeks and do a complete rewrite, adding things like support for UI scaling and hotkeys

These are not the only things that will happen in 2018, but they are the ones I intend to focus on once Foundation is fully fixed and re-released.

So, if you think the Vagabond fleets are stupid and miss managing your planet, don't worry, it's coming back soon!
If you have any questions, as always you can post them on the forums and I'll respond as soon as I'm able.
You can also say my name in the ingame chat, and I'll respond if I'm around.
Forums > Diary > Foundation returning soon!
Steam Early-access
Gods and Idols
Gods and Idols is copyright © Johannes Pihl 2007-2023, all rights reserved;
Shadowbox.js is © Michael J. I. Jackson;
All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.