At 5am in the morning on the 4th of May there was a brief power outage. Once the power was back I attempted to boot the dev PC. It shut itself off after just a few seconds. Not wanting to screw up while tired, I left it off and went back to bed.
By Friday I had narrowed down the problem, the CPU was overheating.
The dev PC has watercooling. Over the weekend the problem further narrowed down to a faulty pump in the watercooler.
On Monday the 9th I contacted the shop I bought the watercooler from. Since it was under warranty I simply returned it and waited for them to send me a new one.
I installed a stock air-cooler, but had to turn the PC off when the CPU hit 80ºC just copying files.
On the 11th I asked Uncle PaiPai to make a post.
The new watercooler arrived on the 16th of May. On the 17th I unpacked the new cooler and prepared to install it.
Issues occurred immediately. One of the springs that keep pressure on the mounting brackets was longer and narrower than the others:
Which meant it didn't fit over the mounting screws:
There was also machining defects on one of the mounting brackets:
On the 18th I call the shop back and ask if they have a mounting kit they can send, since that is all I need. Unfortunately they don't carry spare parts, and ask me to email photos of the defects. They get back to me within just an hour of sending the email, I'll get a new watercooler as soon as they get it back in stock.
On the 19th I return the new cooler.
On the 30th I contact the shop and ask for an update on when they expect to get more coolers from the manufacturer. As it turns out they got them that day, and already shipped me one.
My new new cooler arrived on the 1st of June.
The new new cooler is installed and working fine on June 3rd. I make a post on the forum. A thunderstorm rolls in and I decide to turn the PC off since a power outage had caused all the issues to begin with.