Gods and Idols is an MMORTS where you play as a god in a bid to dominate the universe.
In this open, dynamic, and massive universe, you are one of the powerful immortals capable of refashioning entire planets.
Use your divine abilities to blanket out harmful radiation from the stars,
or unleash the wrath of supernovas, asteroids, and massive fleets of ships on your enemies.
Be the deity you want to be...
- Command the power to destroy entire star systems
- Create raw planets and their moons from asteroid belts
- Develop an intricate economy with dozens of resources
- Upgrade and develop your planets with gleaming cities
- Construct powerful fortresses to crush your foes
- Erect monumental temples in your own honor
- Command vast fleets faithful to your godliness
- Duel ancient monsters in the depths of space
Gods and Idols is free to download, and free to play. If you want to support us there is a shop where you can purchase Essence, a resource used for many things in the game.
Essence is also gained by just playing the game.
The darkness of space may permit no sound, but futile screams will echo from burning planets as invading fleets can now bombard the surface and destroy the population. Of course, this isn't just one sided. Planets can defend themselves against marauders and pirates, manifesting divine shields against kinetic projectiles and responding in kind with blessed firepower of their own.
Now, too, we can discover the fate of the Oberon amid the desolation of Crux as the mysterious shield has faded away, and more direct examinations are permitted for those of will to discover.
On top of the gameplay changes, a number of other visual and system improvements have been applied.
Find these and more details in the changelog on the forum.
Gods and Idols is copyright © Johannes Pihl 2007-2022, all rights reserved;
is © Michael J. I. Jackson;
All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.